FREE AND SIMPLE RETURNS
All Purchases may be returned. Returns must be requested within 30 day ( Ebay Purchases) or 14 days (QC Consigns Purchases). of shipment date and items must be received in its original packaging and condition within 10 days of the return request. Clothing, Shoes and apparel accessory Items received after 10 days of the request to return the item or with the security tags or Shoe protectors missing or removed will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. All items on our site are contracted consignment items belonging to our Consignment Clients. When you purchase, use and return an item, this decrease the item’s value and could mean that the seller will make less money on the re-sale. Please find out how to Consign with us.
To request a return online:
- Go to My Purchases in My Account, and simply click on the order number that contains the item(s) that you would like to return. Fill out the return request.
- You will receive a return request confirmation email with a summary of your request, instructions for sending your return and a prepaid USPS shipping label which you can use, Once you receive your confirmation email, please follow the instructions provided to complete your return.
ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN
Intimate wear, swimwear, luggage, beauty, or FINAL SALE, cannot be returned.
All items that cannot be returned can be consigned (excluding beauty). Click Consign with Us to learn more about consigning your items with QC Consigns.
We recognize that returns are important to our clients. However, where we determine in our sole discretion that a client is returning an unreasonable number of purchases, we may restrict or refuse that client’s access to purchase with QC Consigns in the future.
RETURNS ON ART, FURNITURE & OVERSIZED ITEMS
For all returns on art, furniture and oversized items including rugs and lamps, please contact us by emailing us at Consign@qcconsigns.com within two weeks of delivery. The client is responsible for the cost of the return, however QC Consigns will facilitate the return through shipping facility and/or freight forwarders at the client’s request.
You will receive an email once your return has been received. Please allow up to 48-72 hours for re-authentication and processing. If you signed up for an account with QC Consigns you can track the status of your return by referring to My Purchases in My Account. Once completed, we will refund you for your purchase price only as described below. Please note, credit card refunds may take up to five to seven business days for your bank to complete, depending on your banks’ processing time. This can vary greatly between card issuers.
HOW REFUNDS ARE ISSUED
Note: For any purchases made using PayPal Credit your refund will come from PayPal directly.
Refund Time (Once Item is Received and Refund Is Processed)
3–5 business days
Credit Card & PayPal Credit
Credit Card & Pay Pal Credit
Reference your Credit Card Company or Pay Pal Lending process.
If your original order was placed using the site’s Currency Converter, your refund will be issued in your local currency and will be calculated with the same rate used when you placed your order.
FINE ART CONDITIONS OF SALE
For all art returns please contact our Customer Care by emailing us at Consign@qcconsigns.com. within two weeks of delivery.
CONDITION REPORTS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF PROPERTY
The knowledge of QC Consigns in relation to each work of art is partially dependent on information provided to us by the Consignor, and QC Consigns is not able to and does not carry out exhaustive due diligence on each work of art. We shall exercise reasonable care when making express statements in descriptions or condition reports as is consistent with our role as vendor in this sale and in light of (i) the information provided to us by the Consignor, (ii) scholarship and technical knowledge and (iii) the generally accepted opinions of relevant experts, in each case at the time any such express statement is made.
As a courtesy to buyers, QC Consigns may prepare and provide condition reports on each work of art. Prospective buyers should note that descriptions of property are not warranties and that each work of art is sold "as is."
All representations or statements made by QC Consigns as to the authorship, origin, date, age, size, medium, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition or estimated selling price of any artwork, is a statement of opinion only. All photographic representations and other illustrations presented online or elsewhere are solely for guidance and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or color or necessarily to reveal any imperfections in the artwork. Many works are of an age or nature that precludes their being in pristine condition, and some may make reference to damage and/or restoration. Such information is given for guidance only and the absence of such a reference does not imply that a work is free from defects nor does any reference to particular defects imply the absence of others.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We agree to refund the purchase price in the circumstances of a breach of the Authorship Warranty set out below. Apart from that, neither the Consignor nor we, nor any of our officers, employees or agents, are responsible for the correctness of any statement of whatever kind concerning any piece whether written or oral nor for any other errors or omissions in description or for any faults or defects in any piece. Except as stated in the Authorship Warranty below, neither the Consignor, ourselves, our officers, employees or agents, give any representation, warranty or guarantee or assume any liability of any kind in respect of any piece with regard to merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, description, size, quality, condition, attribution, authenticity, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, exhibition history, literature or historical relevance. Except as required by local law any warranty of any kind whatsoever is excluded by this paragraph.
QC Consigns warrants the authorship of art works sold on its websites described in headings in bold type for a period of five years from the date of sale by QC Consigns, subject to the exclusions and limitations set forth below.
- a) The benefits of this warranty are not assignable and shall apply only to the original buyer of the work as shown on the order confirmation originally issued by QC Consigns when the work was sold.
- b) In any claim for breach of the Authorship Warranty, QC Consigns reserves the right, as a condition to rescind any sale under this warranty, to require the buyer to provide to us at the buyer's expense the written opinions of two recognized experts in the field, mutually acceptable to QC Consigns and the buyer, before QC Consigns determines whether or not to cancel the sale under the warranty. We shall not be bound by any expert report produced by the buyer and reserve the right to consult our own experts at our expense.
- c) Subject to the exclusions set forth in subparagraph (a) above, a buyer may bring a claim for breach of the Authorship Warranty provided that (i) he or she has notified QC Consigns in writing within three months of receiving any information which causes the buyer to question the authorship of the piece, specifying the sale in which the property was included, the item number on the order confirmation and the reasons why the authorship of the piece is being questioned and (ii) the buyer returns the piece to QC Consigns in the same condition as at the time of the sale and is able to transfer good and marketable title in the item free from any third party claim arising after the date of the sale. QC Consigns has discretion to waive any of the foregoing requirements.
- d) The buyer understands and agrees that the exclusive remedy for any breach of the Authorship Warranty shall be rescission of the sale and refund of the original purchase price paid. This remedy shall constitute the sole remedy and recourse of the buyer against QC Consigns, and any of our affiliated companies and the seller and is in lieu of any other remedy available as a matter of law or equity. This means that none of QC Consigns, any of our affiliated companies or the seller shall be liable for loss or damage beyond the remedy expressly provided in this Authorship Warranty, whether such loss or damage is characterized as direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, or for the payment of interest on the original purchase price.
SALES TAX & CUSTOM /IMPORT FEES
Purchases may be subject to sales, use, excise and other tax in some jurisdictions. It is the buyer's responsibility to ascertain and pay all taxes due. Buyers claiming exemption from sales tax must have the appropriate documentation on file with QC Consigns prior to the release of the property.
International purchase may be subject to custom & import fees. All fees are dictated by each buyer’s country. We have no responsibility on what is charged. All international buyers are responsible for paying their custom and import fees. We will not pay for shipping returns or provide refunds on unclaimed items left in customs due to non-payment.
PACKING AND SHIPPING
Buyers are responsible for all shipping costs and fees. We will, at the buyer's expense, either provide packing, handling, insurance and shipping services or coordinate with shipping agents instructed by the buyer in order to facilitate such services for property purchased from QC Consigns. As a courtesy to buyers, QC Consigns will, without charge, wrap purchased items for hand carry only. Any such instruction, whether or not made at our recommendation, is entirely at the buyer's risk and responsibility and we will not be liable for acts or omissions of third-party packers or shippers. QC Consigns will require presentation of government issued identification prior to release of a piece to the buyer or the buyer's authorized representative.
QC Consigns respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is the Company's policy to terminate access in appropriate circumstances of Members who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing on the rights of copyright holders. Please see QC Consigns Submitted Content Policy further information.